Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Digger the Dermatophyte haunts me


One of the many stupid and disgusting foot products available after 11pm on CNN.


Finally, someone has taken the time to definitively debunk the Kinoki Footpads. Christ, that took long enough. Unsuprisingly, both science (chemical analysis revealed no chemical difference between used and unused pads) and common sense (exposing the foot pad to simple steam produces the nasty brown/black color) proved the point.

Why did it take so long? I suppose it is largely because nobody actually believed they were legit in the first place. The actual debunking step was just going through the motions. I actually don't care whether they work or not, I am just tired of being bombarded by pictures of feet in a wide and varying collection of nasty while trying to watch late-night cable. Nasty-ass brown footpads, disgusting crazy little toenail fungus cartoon creatures and, worst of all, people shaving their fucking horrible dead snake skin off their heels with a small cheese-grater. That one has the extra bonus of continuing on for near-eternity; long enough for me to vomit, recover and vomit again. I can't even get up the courage to go find a picture of it because I think I might lose my FunYuns.

No comments: