Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Dutchess and The Duke - Mary


I rarely find any new music that turns me on anymore. Mostly because I'm a jaded bastard that is predetermined to categorize everything as sh*tty. Fortunately, there are those out there that are young and full of hope and their glass is always half full and the liquid inside is that sweet heavenly amber that us mortals call whiskey. One of those folks did me the favor of sifting through muck and turned me on to this gem of a band. He's an old fat bastard, too, so I don't feel like I should be on To Catch a Predator for listening to kiddie's music. You shouldn't either. He's a really great lyricist and the recording sounds like it's from the 70's so that's a plus. Just watch the video and put away the peanut butter. "There, there (stroking matted head of hair)....that's a good boy, mommy still loves you...shhhhhh..."


No comments: